[DeTomaso] 351C Hipo fuel pump

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jul 20 20:19:57 EDT 2014

Dear Forum,

                      A few months ago I wrote that the brand name
manufacturers ( Holley, etc) had *ceased* making hipo mechanical fuel pumps
for the 351 Cleveland.  The only two options I found for a mechanical pump
were the basic stock replacement Carter pump rated at about 23 gph available
for small buckage or the mondo powerful McCann fuel pump for $220 to support
550 hp and a pricier version for the 1000 hp version.   The only other
option was to convert to an electric pump.

                     FWIW, I found the listing below from Competition Parts
for a hipo pump rated at 80 gph.

                      Although it is listed in their on line catalog, I
cannot confirm that it is actually in stock and ready to ship.  But...if you
need a fuel pump, then you might give them a call

                                        Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

http://www.competitionproducts.com/Power-Products-High-Performance-Mechanica
l-Fuel-Pump/productinfo/PVT29%2D4306/#.U8xbPmMSHIU