[DeTomaso] LPC - Popular Hot Rodding has closed it's doors.

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 23:13:21 EDT 2014

The GRM guys also run Classic Motorsports which is also entertaining.  I
subscribe to both and the guys that run it are great!  But it's kind of on
a shoestring budget and honestly I think that's what I like about it.  I
think the Classic Motorsports rag is getting some attention and they're
starting some Amelia Island tours.  Not much penetration on the west
coast.  It rules in the southeast, though!

sean

--
   The GRM guys also run Classic Motorsports which is also entertaining.A
   I subscribe to both and the guys that run it are great!A  But it's kind

   On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Charles Engles <[1]cengles at cox.net>
     A  A  A  A  A  A  Sorry to hear the news. A It is unfortunately part
     of the trend in the decline and fall of our favorite car magazines.
     A  A  A  A  A  A  Car&Driver has become Curs&Drivel. A Road&Track is
     now Remedial&Tedious. A  Popular Hot Rodding seems to be doing the
     honorable thing and simply quitting rather than morphing into an
     unsatisfactory 21st Century car magazine. A  A  BMW's club magazine
     is Roundel is roundly boring. A  The magazine that I look forward to
     reading is Grassroots Motorsports.
     A  A  A  A  A  A Sorry for the diatribe, but I feel better.
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  Warmest
     regards, A Chuck Engles

     [3]http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/227009/source-inter
     link-closes-distribution-arm-shutters.html
     After I saw Bob Benson's car in the magazine, I subscribed.
     But now, it looks like the other larger magazines, like Hot Rod will
     pick up special events like the Amsoil Engine Challenge.

   Their customer service helped moved over my remaining subscription to
   one

     of their other magazines. A  A If you have a subscription and don't
     say

   anything, more than likely you will get Motor Trend as a replacement.

   I just wanted to let community know of the closing of Popular Hot
   Rodding.
   All the best,
   Don

   --
   Sean Korb [6]spkorb at spkorb.org [7]http://www.spkorb.org
   '65,'68 Mustangs,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
   "Computers are useless.A  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso