[DeTomaso] Engine Number

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Jul 19 14:34:42 EDT 2014

Steve,

First, the deTomaso-stamped numbers are thin and not very deeply stamped.
So check closely in case repeated block painting has filled the numbers.

Still no number? Then it is most likely the block in your car is a replacement done sometime
in the last  42 years.

I say 'most likely' only because while I believe ALL blocks were stamped in Modena, knowing
our cars' cloudy build-parameters means anything is possible.

Can't really comment as to the Aussie block issue other than the number you are looking for is not a Ford number,
but was something done in Modena.

So no stamped number does not by default mean you have an aussie block.

It does mean your block is not the original.

Larry