[DeTomaso] Goodbye TWS

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:47:12 EDT 2014

I clarified with Tom last night....

His rev limiter is set to 8800rpm.
(In case you haven't heard a good old cast iron Ford V8 turning 8800rpm, I
can attest to the fact that it makes the hairs on my arms stand up....)

He bangs on the rev limiter in 4th at the end of the straight sometimes
depending on how well he gets out of Turn 15.
Using the good old ZF speed calculator spreadsheet.... with the Avon slicks
we both run.
That means, in theory, he's hitting 182mph.

FWIW,
Kirby