[DeTomaso] Condenser fitting

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 09:24:47 EDT 2014

I thought I'd let everyone know how this turned out.

It was determined that I actually had a flare fitting on my condenser (as it should have been).  CCS agreed the o-ring behind the flare should not have been there.  The ridge or shoulder at the bottom of the flare was created by the AN 90 deg connector from the mismatched flares.  The shop that put the AN connector on accepts full responsibility and will make the condenser right and recharge my system with R-12 at their expense.

Their first attempt at fixing the flare will be to get a 90 deg connector with the correct 45 deg flare and see if it seals properly.  They are hoping the shoulder in the aluminum with reform to fit the 45 deg flare.  If that doesn't work then they will weld on a new flare.

Any opinions on whether the shoulder will seal properly by putting on the correct connector?

Tom
5186