[DeTomaso] Advice for vacuum pump

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Fri Jul 11 16:35:26 EDT 2014

Jim,

My advice would be to use an electric pump that's designed specifically to
be a vehicle's sole source of vacuum for its power brake booster. There are
a number of them on the market and the main application is for electric
cars. I'm using this one:

http://www.metricmind.com/products/706e2/

It has a built-in reservoir, it's quiet and pulls 19.2 HG vacuum, regardless
of altitude. The altitude issue is important because some vacuum pumps pull
less vacuum as altitude increases. I mounted mine on a bracket behind the
driver's side headlamp splash shield. I believe Hella also makes vacuum
pumps designed for power brake boosters in electric cars (part # UP30 if I'm
not mistaken).

Dave