[DeTomaso] Advice for vacuum pump

Jim Gray grayjim at att.net
Thu Jul 10 10:13:06 EDT 2014

Looking to buy a vacuum pump to supplement engine vacuum (too low).  The Summit unit is all self contained with relay and on/off regulator built in.  The Jeg's unit has the relay and switch separate.  Prices are the same.  Wouldn't it be best to have the components separate in case of a parts failure?  I'm afraid with the Summit unit I might have to replace the whole unit if something goes wrong.

Anyone with experience with brake vacuum pumps?  I know SSB sells one as does Comp Cams.

Jim Gray