[DeTomaso] Inglese Versus Hilborn IR 8 Stack EFI or?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:27:17 EDT 2014

> I have a 351C with CHI 3V heads so need the 2V manifold and then I can
port match.

Relative to an iron 2V port, the CHI 3V port is shifted up and to the
side.  The port floor is much higher on the CHI 3V so you will need to a
fair bit of welding before you do any grinding.  You may want to buy a set
of 2V intake manifold gaskets and lay one of them on 3V intake gasket.
That will give you an idea of how much welding you will need to do.

> For a low profile manifold (assuming you have a Cleveland that is) the
best one to use is the AussieSpeed 48IDF manifold,

It would be interesting to put one of those on the flow bench, bolted up to
a really good cylinder head.  I wonder how much the low profile of the
Cain/AussieSpeed intake hurts the flow.  The worst intakes we've had on the
flow bench and dyno engine have been the low profile ones that have to make
a sharp right angle turn at the flange but those have been plenum intakes.
That might not be as much of a problem with IR intakes.

Dan Jones

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>    When you say Inglese it is worth distinguishing that there are
>    essentially two Inglese companies; Jim Inglese sold out to Comp Cams
>    which is now operated as Inglese Induction [1]www.inglese.com with no
>    input from Jim who has since restarted his own business under Jim
>    Inglese [2]www.jiminglese.com  Jim focuses on Weber Carb based
>    systems and will custom design a bolt on solution given your engine
>    specs. He is an extremely knowledgeable and helpful guy in my
>    experience.
>
>    For a low profile manifold (assuming you have a Cleveland that is) the
>    best one to use is the AussieSpeed 48IDF manifold, it allows the use
>    of 48IDF 8 stack carbs with air filters all to fit under the engine
>    screen with no decklid cutting. It is a reproduction of the Cain 48IDF
>    manifold. You can of course use it for EFI with IDF pattern throttle
>    bodies.
>
>    Recent threads have discussed the TWM/Borla options I believe and you
>    should probably also consider Kinsler.
>
>    Julian
>
>    > From: edducati at mac.com
>    > Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 22:06:02 -0700
>    > To: detomaso at poca.com
>    > Subject: [DeTomaso] Inglese Versus Hilborn IR 8 Stack EFI or?
>    >
>    > Anyone have any opinions about these two units?
>    >
>    > Any others you would recommend? low profile if possible to put my
>    engine cover back on.
>    >
>    > Will be using the FAST XFI or EZ EFI since I already have a EZ-EFI
>    2.0.
>    >
>    > By the way, my FAST EZ 2.0 runs perfect no issues, I just want an 8
>    stack...
>    >
>    > Thanks, Ed
>    > _______________________________________________
>    >
>    > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
>    >
>    > DeTomaso mailing list
>    > DeTomaso at poca.com
>
> References
>
>    1. http://www.inglese.com/
>    2. http://www.jiminglese.com/

   > I have a 351C with CHI 3V heads so need the 2V manifold and then I
   can port match.
   Relative to an iron 2V port, the CHI 3V port is shifted up and to the
   side.A  The port floor is much higher on the CHI 3V so you will need to
   a fair bit of welding before you do any grinding.A  You may want to buy
   a set of 2V intake manifold gaskets and lay one of them on 3V intake
   gasket.A  That will give you an idea of how much welding you will need
   to do.A
   > For a low profile manifold (assuming you have a Cleveland that is)
   the best one to use is the AussieSpeed 48IDF manifold,
   It would be interesting to put one of those on the flow bench, bolted
   up to a really good cylinder head.A  I wonder how much the low profile
   of the Cain/AussieSpeed intake hurts the flow.A  The worst intakes
   we've had on the flow bench and dyno engine have been the low profile
   ones that have to make a sharp right angle turn at the flange but those
   have been plenum intakes.A  That might not be as much of a problem with
   IR intakes.A
   Dan Jones

   On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Julian Kift
   <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

     A  A When you say Inglese it is worth distinguishing that there are
     A  A essentially two Inglese companies; Jim Inglese sold out to Comp
     Cams
     A  A which is now operated as Inglese Induction
     [1][2]www.inglese.com with no
     A  A input from Jim who has since restarted his own business under
     Jim
     A  A Inglese [2][3]www.jiminglese.com A Jim focuses on Weber Carb
     based
     A  A systems and will custom design a bolt on solution given your
     engine
     A  A specs. He is an extremely knowledgeable and helpful guy in my
     A  A experience.
     A  A For a low profile manifold (assuming you have a Cleveland that
     is) the
     A  A best one to use is the AussieSpeed 48IDF manifold, it allows
     the use
     A  A of 48IDF 8 stack carbs with air filters all to fit under the
     engine
     A  A screen with no decklid cutting. It is a reproduction of the
     Cain 48IDF
     A  A manifold. You can of course use it for EFI with IDF pattern
     throttle
     A  A bodies.
     A  A Recent threads have discussed the TWM/Borla options I believe
     and you
     A  A should probably also consider Kinsler.
     A  A Julian
     A  A > From: [4]edducati at mac.com
     A  A > Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 22:06:02 -0700
     A  A > To: [5]detomaso at poca.com
     A  A > Subject: [DeTomaso] Inglese Versus Hilborn IR 8 Stack EFI or?

   A  A >
   A  A > Anyone have any opinions about these two units?
   A  A >
   A  A > Any others you would recommend? low profile if possible to put
   my

     A  A engine cover back on.

   A  A >
   A  A > Will be using the FAST XFI or EZ EFI since I already have a
   EZ-EFI
   A  A 2.0.
   A  A >
   A  A > By the way, my FAST EZ 2.0 runs perfect no issues, I just want
   an 8
   A  A stack...
   A  A >
   A  A > Thanks, Ed