[DeTomaso] Inglese Versus Hilborn IR 8 Stack EFI or?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:56:52 EDT 2014

When you say Inglese it is worth distinguishing that there are essentially two Inglese companies; Jim Inglese sold out to Comp Cams which is now operated as Inglese Induction www.inglese.com with no input from Jim who has since restarted his own business under Jim Inglese www.jiminglese.com  Jim focuses on Weber Carb based systems and will custom design a bolt on solution given your engine specs. He is an extremely knowledgeable and helpful guy in my experience.

For a low profile manifold (assuming you have a Cleveland that is) the best one to use is the AussieSpeed 48IDF manifold, it allows the use of 48IDF 8 stack carbs with air filters all to fit under the engine screen with no decklid cutting. It is a reproduction of the Cain 48IDF manifold. You can of course use it for EFI with IDF pattern throttle bodies.

Recent threads have discussed the TWM/Borla options I believe and you should probably also consider Kinsler.

Julian