[DeTomaso] Quarter window glass removeal

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 21:42:33 EDT 2014

If you're talking of the rear quarters, the gasket is held into the frame by friction only. So a firm push will start the gasket AND glass moving, and continued pushes will slide them out of the frame. Depending on the dryness of the rubber gasket and whether there's any paint around the edges, some use a little WD-40 to help get things moving. Once the glass/gasket is out, the naked frame can be reinstalled to sort-of finish off the appearance of the car.

   I know this has been explained before! Can someone go over it one more
   time. I have the Quarter windows out, I'd like to remove the glass and
   reinstall. So...how do you remove the glass from the frame?
   Thanks Curt