[DeTomaso] Cooling System

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:04:30 EDT 2014

Whilst I have spent some time looking around on the internet I haven't
managed to find a good diagram of the cooling system, including the heater
system.  Is there a good diagram out there?

Stephen,

I have a hand-drawn diagram, but it does not include the heater section.
http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/Cooling.asp

The page also addresses the sending unit location.  Do NOT have it in the swirl tank.

Chuck

And, while on the subject of cooling, do folks typically use straight
outlets from aftermarket (edelbrock) aluminum water pumps for the heater
pipes or are pipes that angle at 45 or 90 degrees preferred.

I noted that the temperature sender was located at the front of 5332's
block, rather than on the swirl tank.  But, that hole looks to be a good fit
for the MSD fuel injection temperature sensor.  Is there an inherent problem
with having the temperature sender on the swirl tank?  Or is there a better
place to put the temperature gauges sender?

Stephen Nelson