[DeTomaso] Dual Remote oil filters

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun Jul 6 21:02:03 EDT 2014

My 240Z had a secondary filter mounted on the fender wall. The filter was a
roll of toilet paper lengthwise with feed and drain on top. It was set up
so oil pooled in it rather than drained when motor was off. That way your
pan always read accurate. It did not reduce oil pressure that I could
notice and slowly filtered all the oil better than a regular filter. Car
had over 250k miles when I sold her for a Porsche.
On Jul 6, 2014 1:36 PM, "Mikael" <mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk> wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance, but why two? Parallel or in series? In either case,
> what does this do to the pressure in the engine? All consequences
> understood?
>
> Mvh/Regards
> Mikael

     bellhousing before? A I'm thinking about it. The idea of two big
     Orange FL-1 and some more AN fittings and more aeroquip
     hose....hmmmmm tasty looking. A I already have an oil cooler I would
     [5]www.michaelshortt.com
     [6]michael at michaelshortt.com
     [7]912-232-9390
     privileged. A If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
     notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying
     of this communication is strictly prohibited. A Please reply to the
     sender that you have received this message in error, then delete it.
     A Thank you