[DeTomaso] NPC: Tesla Car Assembly...

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 16:44:30 EDT 2014

I certainly don't want to get in the middle of a dissagreement, but the
point I made about tesla probably holds true for space X too. Mr. Musk
started his automobile business without any previous auto manufacturing
expierienece. He started a Space exploration business (do I have to mention
he had no previous expierience building rockets or space craft?) He has
been able to succesfully manufacture a space vehicle capale of leaving
earths atmosphere, travel to the International space station, drop off
supplies and return experiments and waste to earth. All this with no human
beings onboard, at a lower cost then any comparable act accomplished by any
government on earth and the first and only such endeavor accomplished by
private enterprise in HISTORY!. He has also implemented a totally new way
of bringing solar power to homeowners through his company Solar City (
which I do own stock in). Instead of selling home owners $25,000 roof top
solar panels with a totally new way of funding this type of installation.
He leases the system to the homeowners so they don't have any out of pocket
expense. It's to lengthy to go into here but it's interesting to read
about. The point is that Elon Musk has formed 4 different highly successful
companies  and in each he has devised totally new and unique business
models that have shaken up the business world and his competitors in
similar fields. He is truly a creative genius. Instead of copying other
successful businesses he has developed his own unique approach that not
only has helped to serve a need of our society but has helped to improve
the environment and mankind. , You can chalk up one successful business to
luck. But four, Pay Pal, Tesla, Solar City and Space -X is not luck. Four
businesses across a wide spectrum of businesses all in a relatively short
period of time is nothing short of remarkable. 43 year old , a net worth of
over $11 Billion dollars . The first and only privately held space
exploration company that launches partially reusable spacecraft that are
flown autonomously sounds like something out of science fiction! No one
becomes a Billionaire with out leaving some unhappy or jealous people in
his wake.  If Mr. Musk was only interested in making money he would be
involved in businesses that had a much greater likely hood of providing a
good return with a lot more safety. He could live like a king for a
thousand life times. Instead he has invested his money in one business
after another that are poised to make a major impact (and an improvement)
to the quality of life on this planet and this planets environment.
The world needs more people like him. Unfortunately people like this only
come around once every few generations. Just my humble opinion.

Boyd