[DeTomaso] NPC: Tesla Car Assembly...

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 14:13:17 EDT 2014

There is no question that the Tesla has shaken up the automobile world. )
And the companies that have had the largest gains have been those that have
introduced "Disruptive " technologies , like digital cameras that killed
Kodak and film and Polaroid. The internet that wiped out Western Union.
Apple and MP3's that wiped out Tapes, records, cd's etc. (the whole digital
revolution) which helped to make cell phones, streaming video, e-mail, and
so much more which wound up destroying or radically changing the music
business, the Video business, the telephone business , (both cell phone and
more so land lines and long distance, (when was the last time you saw a
phone booth?) Photography,film. light bulbs , vacuum tubes  The list goes
on and on. So when ever a new "disruptive" business comes along the early
adapters and investors tend to make a killing (unless they are on the wrong
side of the technological fence,) ( Like beta max vs VHS) (Blue ray vs HD
DVD's players.) It appears that Tesla has enough in the way of battery
technology and patents  to make them a truly disruptive force in the
alternative energy car market. As a person whose family have been
franchised automobile dealers since the 1950's I think that the fact that
Tesla wasn't developed from an existing automobile manufacturer is probably
a very significant reason that that they are turning out to be so
disruptive. They didn't follow the same patterns and paths that have been
established for the past 80 to 90 years.  Tesla will probably be swallowed
up by one of the worlds big players (like MB, or VW) but I have no doubt
that their impact and effect will continue to be felt well into the future,
even if it's hidden under another name.
Boyd

P.S.
The Italians made an electric sports car that was all set to break the 1/4
mile speed record but typical poor planning destroyed their chances. The
engineers made the extension cord 400 meters long! The metric conversion
screwed them up. A 1/4 mile is 402.336 meters! LOL! Just kidding I love
Italian cars, design, art, music, food , women. The only thing I am not
enthralled with is the Italian military ( unless you go back to the Romans)