[DeTomaso] NPC: Tesla Car Assembly...

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 11:54:58 EDT 2014

There is no question that Elon Musk is a genius. Between his first
commercial success (a video game he made as a teen ager), to Pay pal ,
which made him a billionaire, to Tesla, Solar City, and Space -X (which I
think is the coolest by far) the guy is absolutely brilliant. His fist
Tesla roadster was made on the lotus Elise platform. His later models are
proprietary designs. There 0-60 times are impressive. The 2013 model S
sedan does 0-60 in 3.9 and the quarter mile in 12.4 sec !
http://www.zeroto60times.com/Tesla-Electric-Cars-0-60-mph-Times.html   The
2013 model S broke the crash test machinery ! It had the best results ever
recorded http://www.wired.com/2013/08/tesla-model-s-crash-test/
His Space X rocket the Falcon 9 takes off, and the space craft  (the
dragon) travels to to the international space station( by robotic control )
unloads supplies and brings back waste and experiments. It's missions so
far have been unmanned but it can fly both robotically and by pilots (in a
future version Dragon 2) The Dragon 2 space craft will eventually be able
to carry a crew of 7 who will be able to have some limited control over the
space craft. I think it's absolutely amazing that this has been
accomplished by a privately owned company ( Space -X is not publicly
traded) . Only in the U.S.A.!  Tesla at a PEG of 2900 seems crazy , but
there are many tech companies that have no PEG because they have still to
operate at a profit!
So who knows but it's a little to risky for my blood.  But as an individual
I think Elon Musk is  a manto watch. He invested a huge portion of his own
money into Space X and has predicted they will make a manned  flight to
Mars by 2026 ( that's 10 years ahead of NASA's prediction). He named his
space craft Dragon after the peter , paul, and mary song "Puff the magic
dragon" because critics said his Space -X rocket would never get off the
ground!

Boyd