[DeTomaso] Stack injection units

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Wed Jul 2 14:36:49 EDT 2014

Kirby,

I believe most of the ECU’s on the market have had USB connectivity for some time. I hear you re: serial port adapters. I’ve been there too  : - (

I’m pretty sure the performance of the short TB’s + injector blocks is about the same as tall TB’s because the critical distance, from throttle plate to intake valve, is about the same.

Even USB ports are old school. New ECU’s will likely connect wirelessly via Bluetooth and you’ll download an App to your iPad for tuning! Autotrend EFI has wireless modems they send to their clients who are having trouble with tuning. That way, Autotrend can play with the calibration remotely, while the customer’s driving the car around.

Dave