[DeTomaso] Stack injection units

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 12:23:41 EDT 2014

A couple of comments to Dan's email.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Daniel C Jones <daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A non-linear throttle linkage is a must.

Most definitely!
I drove my Pantera for years with a side pull linkage.
It was a PITA to drive around town at low speeds. Just a small push of the
pedal
made too much happen too fast.
With Mike Trusty's help, I converted it to a center pull progressive setup
and it's a different car entirely.
The later TWM setups come with a wheel mounted in the center which works
very, very well.
I have that on my GT40.

>    To date, we have not been successful in getting Kelly's Electromotive
>    unit sorted.A  We swapped ECU's, software, various hardware bits, etcs
>    all to no avail.A  Mike Trusty even came in to do some diagnostics but
>    was unable to find the problem.

Wow... I know the pain.
When I installed my GT40 Electromotive system, I fought with it for three
months. Literally.
Changed ECU's, cursed, pulled hair and other things and no change.
I finally found the problem. The harness was built poorly and there was an
intermittent
connection at the plug where it went into the ECU.
Got a replacement harness (had to re-wire everything, of course) and
everything worked fine.
Painful experience....

Another thing I've noticed with both my IR systems... and had it confirmed
by another GT40 owner with a similar setup.
There's a 'hole' in the VE table. Both of my cars have it.
The response at full throttle is damned near linear.
However, both engines run way too rich at cruise speeds and I have to take
out a lot of fuel at lower rpms and high manifold vacuum.
I don't know why, I just know that's the way the engines respond.
Easy to adjust, just goes against most advice I received.

FWIW,
Kirby

> [...]
>    A  A >
>    A  A >Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
>    A  A >
>    A  A >DeTomaso mailing list
>
>      A  A >[13][14]DeTomaso at poca.com
>
>    A  A _______________________________________________
>    A  A Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
>    A  A DeTomaso mailing list
>
>      A  A [15][16]DeTomaso at poca.com
>      References
>      A  A 1.
>      [18]http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/tws/tws2/kirbyefi
>      .jpg
>      A  A 2.
>      [19]http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/GT40/files/p52600
>      43.jpg.jpg
>      A  A 3. mailto:[20]will.kooiman at gmail.com
>      A  A 4. [21]http://www.borlainduction.com/
>      A  A 5. [22]http://twminduction.com/
>      A  A 6. [23]http://www.twminduction.com/
>      A  A 7. mailto:[24]shawkins777 at comcast.net
>      A  A 8. mailto:[25]shawkins777 at comcast.net
>      A  A 9. mailto:[26]boyd411 at gmail.com
>      A  10. mailto:[27]detomaso at poca.com
>      A  11. mailto:[28]DeTomaso at poca.com
>      A  13. mailto:[30]DeTomaso at poca.com
>      A  15. mailto:[32]DeTomaso at poca.com
>
> References
>
>    1. mailto:kirby.schrader at gmail.com
>    2. http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/tws/tws2/kirbyefi.jpg
>    3. http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/GT40/files/p5260043.j
>    4. mailto:will.kooiman at gmail.com
>    5. http://www.borlainduction.com/
>    6. http://twminduction.com/
>    7. http://www.twminduction.com/
>    8. mailto:shawkins777 at comcast.net
>    9. mailto:shawkins777 at comcast.net
>   10. mailto:boyd411 at gmail.com
>   11. mailto:detomaso at poca.com
>   12. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>   14. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>   16. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>   18. http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/tws/tws2/kirbyefi.jpg
>   19.
> http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/GT40/files/p5260043.jpg.jpg
>   20. mailto:will.kooiman at gmail.com
>   21. http://www.borlainduction.com/
>   22. http://twminduction.com/
>   23. http://www.twminduction.com/
>   24. mailto:shawkins777 at comcast.net
>   25. mailto:shawkins777 at comcast.net
>   26. mailto:boyd411 at gmail.com
>   27. mailto:detomaso at poca.com
>   28. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>   30. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>   32. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>   34. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com

   A couple of comments to Dan's email.
   On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Daniel C Jones
     A non-linear throttle linkage is a must.

   Most definitely!
   I drove my Pantera for years with a side pull linkage.
   It was a PITA to drive around town at low speeds. Just a small push of
   the pedal
   made too much happen too fast.
   With Mike Trusty's help, I converted it to a center pull progressive
   setup and it's a different car entirely.
   The later TWM setups come with a wheel mounted in the center which

     A  A To date, we have not been successful in getting Kelly's
     Electromotive
     A  A unit sorted.A A We swapped ECU's, software, various hardware
     bits, etcs
     A  A all to no avail.A A Mike Trusty even came in to do some
     diagnostics but
     A  A was unable to find the problem.

[...]

     A A On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 7:23 AM, Kirby Schrader