[DeTomaso] Stack injection units

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:23:38 EDT 2014

Yep. TWM was bought out by Borla some time ago. Three years? Maybe more.
Gary is still there though and very helpful.

I like the TWM throttle bodies. I have them on my Pantera and my GT40.
The Pantera has older style throttle bodies which were supplied in the
mid-90's by Quella with an old F9 Haltech EFI system.
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/tws/tws2/kirbyefi.jpg

The fuel rails are on the outside, as you can see.

I honestly don't know if Quella still does the EFI systems. Last time I
talked to him he sorta' indicated he no longer does.
You'd have to check.

When the ancient F9 in the Pantera let all the smoke out, I replaced it
with an Electromotive TEC GT.

The GT40 has an Electromotive TEC3r.
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/GT40/files/p5260043.jpg.jpg

The fuel rails are on the inside with this setup and it looks 'cleaner', I
think.

I like both TEC units. They work.
The TEC3r is more expensive, but has more control and inputs/outputs and
can do fully sequential injection on a V8.
The TEC GT can only do what I call 'batch fire' on a V8.
That old saying... you get what you pay for.

Lots of people like the FAST system. I have no experience with it.
Steve Hawkins uses the Accel system and seems to like it.

FWIW,
Kirby