[DeTomaso] Pantera hood fit

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 15:33:07 EST 2014

That's a difficult problem because the bracing underneath becomes bent and
it has a tendency to buckle a little. See if you can see where the braces
might have distorted. That's the stress point that causes the bend. Lot's
of time it's right where the prop is. If it's really minor, put towels or
small pieces of covered wood over the top corners so the hood bracing rests
on them. Then, knowing where the buckle or high spot is, press down on top
of the hood directly over the buckled braces. This may seem like an obvious
way to repair it but the key is to start with light pushes to learn what
happens. Don't overdue it, it would be catastrophic if you pressed so hard
that it bent the other way.

This may not be perfect but it will help.

Jeff
6559