[DeTomaso] Body flex etc

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Fri Jan 31 04:01:43 EST 2014

In an attempt to get 2 DeTomasos into a 1 car garage, I'm considering a
column lift that lifts the Pantera, the type of lift that lifts with 4
arms on the chassis between the wheels at 4 points. Now if the Pantera
hangs in the air for several months, with no weight on the wheels, will I
hurt it? Will chassis flex? Will shocks dislike being stretched all the
time? Springs? Windows crack? Any experience? When I have the Pantera up
on my current scissor lift on the four points, doors need a little more
effort to close...

A proper drive-on lift is a lot more expensive, and will require
significant modifications of the garage.

Mikael