[DeTomaso] Sacrificial Zinc anode

Clark Family cclark at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 29 13:23:16 EST 2014

I think you meant Galvanic Series. Here is a chart of how much
dissimilar metals react with each other for the curious:

http://www.corrosionist.com/galvanic_corrosion_chart.htm

Notice that zinc and aluminum alloys are adjacent so those zinc
sacrificial radiator caps will not intentionally erode as well as a
magnesium slug would.

So watch those magnesium wheels clamped to iron hubs for powdery
corrosion. Galvanic corrosion is the one of the 3 reasons for using
anti-seize compounds (the other two are rust and galling).

Fun stuff,
Chris