[DeTomaso] NPC .. MG Midget - Now British closets

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:52:58 EST 2014

I really like those TDs.  I have an Austin A35.  It's in worse shape
than it looks here
http://www.spkorb.org/austin.html

I got it up on the rotisserie now and I'm fabing up some floor pan
patches, wing repairs and addressing rocker rot.  But the real
challenge is the brakes.  Even in perfect working order the brakes are
a death trap at best.  Single circuit hydraulic with separate pistons
for the front but the rear has a single piston that actuates a
rod/cantilever system to engage the drums.  That's going to change.
Fortunately most Sprite parts fit (the Sprite is based off the A35
saloon running gear) so I've got a start at it.

I've kind of got another one... a Nash Metropolitan.  Better brakes
but not by much :)  That one is in much better shape and left hand
drive.  I have a GE forklift DC motor for it and a controller.  Fun
little neighborhood car not matter what I do with it.

sean