[DeTomaso] NEW Magnesium 10 & 14 X 15" wheels

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 23 17:17:04 EST 2014

In a message dated 1/23/14 12 00 59, willibillie at live.de writes:

> No, just ordanary alumium.
>
>>>Not aluminum--MAGNESIUM.   Read the information (and the subject line).

> > No word if just casted or forged.
>
>>>It also says it's sand-cast.   No mystery here.

> > And at least a downpayment of 40% before manufacturing to an Italien
> company. That's the last, i would do in business.
> Just my experience....
>
>>>Well, this isn't "...an Italian company".   This is MARVIC.   They have
been in business for many, many years, and produce virtually all the wheels
for top-tier motorcycle (Moto GP/Superbike) racing; they also produce wheels
for other companies like BBS that then put their own names on them.   They
also produce wheels for F1, Le Mans and other high-end auto racing series.

http://www.marvic.it/en/

When I was younger and followed local motorcycle racers (including Jack
DeRyke's son, Doug), when somebody was really ready to make a commitment to
going fast, they would install a set of Marvic wheels on their race bike.   The
same is still true today....