[DeTomaso] NPC .. MG Migit

Jack Donahue demongusta at me.com
Thu Jan 23 10:50:16 EST 2014

Larry
You might appreciate that I drove my MGB "off the boat" in 1965 - my first car. Got a job at BMC in San Francisco delivering new cars from ship to showroom since I used to go down to Fisherman's Wharf from Sacramento a lot. When I saw how the kids drove the brand new cars over all the RR tracks with wire wheels it killed me to think that some un-suspecting people were buying cars that were "abused" within the first mile "of life". So, I got a job delivering cars for BMC also - until MINE showed up. I drove it back to Sacto. with the "white shit" still covering it - they used to put a paste on them to protect from salt water. Still have it - a gem. With rotary power now. Quite a bitchin' little machine. The only hang-up that I had in all the restorations was the positive ground. No big deal, but cooked a few wires along the way forgetting that little fact. Still has the original BRG paint. FWIW
Jack
4348