[DeTomaso] Dry Sump

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jan 18 19:03:55 EST 2014

In a message dated 1/18/14 12 56 12, coreyjprice at gmail.com writes:

> I thought the frame rails really limit lowering the engine.
>

>>>Are you talking about the "Y" of the engine block hitting the top of the
frame rails?

The real issue is the stuff that sticks out the side of the block--fuel
pump, oil filter etc.   Lowering the engine would require repositioning that
stuff (electric fuel pump, remote oil filter), and of course the exhaust
headers would have to be completely changed.   But there is a ton of room for the
block itself to move downwards without anything solid striking the chassis.