[DeTomaso] Different Transaxle

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 14:42:28 EST 2014

Cory, the one and only reason I can see to change tranaxles is for an overdrive 6th gear for fuel mileage savings on long trips. If I could afford it, I'd use RBT's 6-speed upgrade for the ZF which I know fits everything.  The powerful 351-C doesn't need a close ratio 6, 7 or 8 speed gear cluster, and zero other transaxles fit a Pantera without major work.... then you have the shifter & halfshaft adaptions and maybe useless electronic do-dads on 'modern' units to contend with.