[DeTomaso] Ping Ping

JEFFREY COBB jeffcobb1 at me.com
Tue Jan 7 21:30:23 EST 2014

Hey LS,
Sounds like your knock sensors are not doing their job, this Ford system is designed not to allow pings. Hook up a scanner and drive and reproduce the flaw and note rpm/ignition advance degrees at your flawed load manifold pressure. Remap the ecu only after a knock sensor function test is done so as to identify what is wrong because something is. Then after knowing and fixing the flaw then water/alcohol injection can be used for a smarter power increase. Of course an intercooler is the best plan, heck a low amount of fogged nitrous will also cool the intake track for a much quicker dynamic cool down under light positive load. Use a Jacobs programmer and set your nitrous spray curves.
Get in touch with the Kenny Bell company as this maybe an inherent flaw in this Ford application and they know the fix protocol.
Hope this helps,

Jeff

Jeff Cobb- I pad
W-225-343-7525