[DeTomaso] Ping Ping

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 20:38:28 EST 2014

In a message dated 1/7/14 14 44 1, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> On long uphill (high load) sections of road, under moderate throttle
> openings and when the supercharger goes into positive boost, the engine starts
> to ping. This will happen only when in overdrive and with revs below
> 2000rpm.
>

>>>I'm far from an expert but it sounds like a classic case of excessive
compression.   I suspect that the blower was bolted onto a standard engine;
ideally the compression ratio would have been lowered when the engine was
built.

You suggested different heads, which is perhaps a viable solution, but
another choice might be to change pistons to lower the CR?

What about water injection?