[DeTomaso] Skyrocketing Prices

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 16:27:18 EST 2014

In a message dated 1/6/14 7 42 29, tmshinro at aol.com writes:

> Seeing these auctions made me think the the value of Mike Drew's spare
> bedroom (otherwise known as his Detomaso warehouse) has gone through the
> roof.  Better increase your insurance rider Mike.
>

>>>HAHAHAHA!!!

Asking prices does not equate to value.   I respect him for trying to get
as much as he can for various items, but I suspect that most will fail to
sell and he will relist them again and again, and/or lower his reserve to a
more reasonable level.

That's not how I roll though.   I continue to offer up what I have at what
I consider to be fair, realistic prices.   Typically if a part is brand new
in the Ford box, I offer it at 50% of what the vendors charge, and if it's
used, I go downwards from there.   I'm not trying to gouge anybody or get
rich--I am just trying to earn back the money I spent to buy the stuff in the
first place.

And if somebody gives me something for free (I get a lot of used junk that
would otherwise go in somebody's trash can) and somebody else can later use
it, they get it for the same price--free.