[DeTomaso] Fair price for used BendPac 4 post lift?

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Sun Jan 5 18:57:03 EST 2014

Ken,

It depends on how good your back is, how many friends you have and what your time is worth. I think it is absolutely worth $300+ to have a lift delivered and assembled. They are not hugely complicated, but the ramps in particular are quite heavy and awkward. It can be done by two guys who are strong in a few hours. I had both of mine delivered, assembled and then later repeated when I moved homes.

As for the lifts, I'd check the age and usage. A muffler shop is pretty heavy usage compared to a residentially-used unit. I'd be more concerned about getting an old worn-out unit than paying the premium for set-up. Good luck, and remember to park your wife's car underneath for the first few weeks!

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com