[DeTomaso] Black '74 on Ebay

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Jan 5 15:47:40 EST 2014

Even in the '70s, spray-on or 'cold zinc galvanizing' treatments were available. But done as a zinc coating on metal thats then welded, the zinc burns off with any weld heat, leaving bare metal in the surrounding area. Which rusts; kind of expensive and counter-productive. So I doubt if true galvanizing was done to factory sheet metal during frame construction. FWIW- J Deryke