[DeTomaso] Tim Horton Pantera

Rich hoppe1 at cox.net
Fri Feb 28 19:54:19 EST 2014

I bought my first pantera in 1981.
After that it seemed that about once a year someone in arizona would die in
a pantera.  A lot of open roads and ability to go fast.
I used to get calls from friends that would say they read about someone
dying in a pantera and wondered if it was me.
I casually knew a few of the guys.  One guy that sticks out was an air force
pilot that commuted to the base from Phx about 30miles of open road.
One day he crashed on his way to the base.
The one thing I learned a long time ago-   not one beer and drive -  it is
hard enough to restrain myself in the car -  a beer I loose all fear.