[DeTomaso] WTB: Spherical Ball sway bar bushings

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Feb 27 15:45:54 EST 2014

 Note- Hall's original ball swaybar mounts were nylon balls encased in a glued-together plastic housing with an aluminum cap. Thus the balls were not individually interchangeable for different sized swaybars. The later copies from Precision Pro-Formance, Larry Stock's Pantera Parts Connection and others use a metal ball in a two-piece aluminum housing so the balls can be changed.  My mod works for the Hall type but simply swapping the balls is likely simpler for owners of take-apart assemblies. Note also the aluminum cap on the early Hall assembly was vital since the plastic housings could not take the localized loads of the mounting-capscrews without indenting or cracking. Hall's plastic assemblies are lighter but the all-metal ones are more versatile. They both work identically well.

-----Original Message-----From: DeTomaso at poca.com Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:39 AMTo: DeTomaso at poca.comSubject: Re: [DeTomaso] WTB: Spherical Ball sway bar bushings

The ball's bar hole can be resized if you have a milling machine available or know someone who has one. My rear Hall assembly was 7/8" and nowfits a 1" rear bar. I suspect that by bushing one too big for your bar  it could also be downsized. Haven't tried this, though. Justa thought if you find a cheap set that's not quite right....