[DeTomaso] Shrinking Pantera ?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 04:10:31 EST 2014

I once owned an '87  Pontiac Fiero along with our Pantera. The Fiero is regarded as a small car, yet with both parked on our driveway one day, I measured both. The '72-1/2 Pantera L with the protruding bumper was 1" shorter, 1" lower and 1" narrower than the V-6 Fiero. Yet the Pantera is regarded as a 'large' mid-engine sports car while the Fiero was a 'small' mid-engine. Go figure....
And someplace in the incredible clutter that is my 'office' is a color photo of our Pantera on a pregrid for a Nor-Cal autocross in the '80s. Next to it was a mid-'60s Corvette coupe and on the other side was a Porsche 911 S. The Pantera was dwarfed by both, as in the photo that started this thread. Maybe some day it will turn up-J DeRyke