[DeTomaso] Panteras - more respected every year

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Feb 24 18:04:23 EST 2014

All,

Just received my March/April edition of Road & Track.

Cover story is "The 51 Coolest Cars" of the last fifty years.

21 cars are pictured on the cover.

In the top row, immediately below the 'r' in 'track', obviously photographed in full sunlight
and glistening in orange, yellow and near white, sits an orange L-model Pantera.

It is THE car your eye is drawn to on the cover. (Well, maybe I'm prejudiced a bit). ;-)

No in-order ratings, just cool cars from each decade.

The article Pantera text reads as follows:

"Ford V-8, ZF five-speed, basically a GT40 for the middle class.
Knocked as a redneck supercar, but a good one is more riot than you'll ever need."

It sure is fun, has been for a few years now, seeing our little red-haired, bastard, step-child, hybrid,
carbureted, push-rod engined 'kit cars' getting increasing coverage and respect.

Larry