[DeTomaso] standard front brake pistons

R.J willibillie at live.de
Mon Feb 24 16:38:26 EST 2014

And if you are in a hurry, i have them in stock.
Roland Jaeckel

Am 24.02.2014 um 22:00 schrieb jderyke at aol.com:

  The square o-ring seals are usually fine unless the nickel plating on
  your mild steel caliper pistons pitted and tore them. The dust boots
  also. Those calipers were OEM on Rolls-Royce Shadows and maybe
  Aston-Martin or a couple of other big Brit-cars. Girling sold the
  rights & spares to someone in England 20 years ago; can't remember who.

   If all else fails, pull the pistons and give them to Johnny Woods- he
  can make billet replacements from 312 or 321-stainless bar stock and
  corrosion will never again be a problem. This is what I had to do 5
  years ago with my 1970 ATE calipers (early 911 Porsche fronts) that I
  run as rear calipers on our Pantera. Some Porsche shops can acid-strip
  the plating, then send the pistons out for re-plating, for really big
  bucks. And you still have plated pistons that will do the same thing
  again. Maybe Johnny will offer them as a replacement part!

Does anyone know the best place to get replacement brake
  caliper pistons for stock OE three piston front calipers for
  GT5S....with seal sets....?

  Does anyone know the best place to get replacement brake
  caliper pistons for stock OE three piston front calipers for
  GT5S....with seal sets....?

  Mine looking OK and serviceable,... but a bit old and tired...like the
  owner!

  Regards

  Colin Bradshaw UK