[DeTomaso] GT5 on Ebay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 23:23:08 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/23/14 12 01 17, rimovp at gmail.com writes:

> Looks like a pretty nice GT5 conversion on Ebay
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Incredible-Detomaso-Pantera-Big-Block-4
> 27-and-Original-351-/111282771262?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19e8f8553e&
> item=111282771262&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
>
> Any one know any thing bout it or where it be at?
>

>>>Well, the seller lists a phone number in the 403 area code; isn't that
Alberta?

The auction also says that the car is located in Calgery, Alberta, Canada.
 That is a second hint. :>)

Whoever did the work did a pretty convincing job of bringing it up to North
American GT5-spec, including grafting the front turn signal pods from a
later (L-model) car and using an L-model front bumper.   If you like the GT5
look, this is among the best conversions I've ever seen, at least
aesthetically.

Mike Sheehan, the noted purveyor of all things Ferrari, contacted me when
this car first came into his hands.   It was part of a six-car package deal,
and he was tasked with trying to find a new owner for it.   Panteras are a
bit outside his lane so he asked me for info on it and to help establish a
value.

I don't know if he was successful in selling it or not?   He did tell me
that it ran quite poorly because the Webers weren't set up properly.

We know several Pantera guys in Calgary that could give it a look-see if
you were interested?