[DeTomaso] NPC: automotive journalism and manual transmissions

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 23:23:10 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/23/14 17 36 25, spkorb at gmail.com writes:

> I might learn to live with paddle shift.  I tried one out in a
> Maserati 7 or 8 years ago and I remember thinking "I could really get
> used to this"!
>
> But the pedal makes me feel like I'm actually operating the machenery.
> No replacement.
>

>>>In related news, I read in the paper that an owner of a new Tesla S got
so bored behind the wheel of his glorified golf cart that he fell asleep
because he had nothing to do, and killed a hapless bicyclist.

So naturally, Rip Van Tesladriver did the only reasonable thing--he sued
Tesla for making the car too boring and uninvolving to drive, and claimed they
are responsible for the fact he fell asleep behind the wheel!   True fact!
 The case is working its way through the system right now....

Mike (Shakespeare was right about "The first thing we should do is....")