[DeTomaso] Oil ( high temp operating)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 20:49:58 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/23/14 5 22 12, rgg at gregorycook.com writes:

> I remember several years ago when the fun rally was still in Vegas JC
> told me about a huge oil study they had done at Rousch. They tested every
> brand of oil you've ever heard of including several of the specialty racing
> oils and Mobil 1 15-50 came out on top.
>

>>>What he said was that the worst oil they tested was still very good.
Most of them were varying degrees of very good, and Mobil 1 was so far out
ahead that it was like a different oil altogether.

But like Gray says, that was many years ago and I think competitors may
have caught up; Castrol has a Mobil 1-style oil now, for instance, and there
are other boutique oils like Red Line, Royal Purple etc. too.