[DeTomaso] Flex-a-lite question

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 14:04:51 EST 2014

All,

I've come to the conclusion the Hall Pantera Meriah fans are getting tired and are not up to the task of slow traffic cooling.

I say this because in Summer/Winter I now always see a large jump in temp when I get into city traffic versus highway travel. 20-30 degrees jump. Wasn't always that way.

I would rather not remount the three-pass Quella/Ron Francis radiator for sucker fans, so I'm looking at pushers.

Felx-a-lite offers model 440 as a pusher. 2500 cfm, S-blades, etc.

But I noted the online-available PDF installation sheet groups the 440 pusher and the 420 puller in the same section.

It instructs the 420 puller to be wired red/red and black/black, fan to power source. And to reverse the wiring to red/black and black/red for the 440 pusher model. This tells me the fan blades are expected to perform whether rotating CW or CCW. But I've always heard blades are
optimal for one direction only, and show reduced efficiency when rotating opposite to the intended function.

I will try to talk with a Flex-a-lite tech about this on Monday, but in the meantime I'm asking for any of your ideas, thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,

Larry

......and no, I don't know why my emails (at least in the archives) are now getting duplicated by the List software.