[DeTomaso] Pantera Steering Rack Interchange Ferrari 308

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 13:43:16 EST 2014

As for welding the column slip joint, on 2511 (restored by Dennis for a PO) I noticed a single small spot weld tying the two shafts together.

Seems I asked Dennis or was told by someone that the intent was to stop the slop, but hopefully leave a 'weak' enough weld for it to be broken and allow column collapse when enough force was received.

In theory, sounds okay.

But anyone have an idea of how many ribs (or sternum) I would have to break before enough force made it down to that spot weld?

Larry - Not looking to test it out, as one 'off-road adventure' was enough