[DeTomaso] Shrinking Pantera ?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 12:30:59 EST 2014

When I was a kid, I drove around like a maniac in whatever gave me a
seat and pedals,  I saw all the Ohio State HW Patrol films in Driver's
Ed (titles like "Mechanized Death" and "Blood on the Highway") and I
knew the risks intellectually.  I just wanted to see how fast my car
could go around this corner or how I could pass everyone on the
highway.

I don't think we should give licenses out for off-track driving until
you're 25.  On track I think it's good training and safety is a top
issue not approached casually.  Track time should be strongly
encouraged in youngsters.

But... the risks I see now are to smaller cars and motorcyclists.
They do not appear to the casual observer (almost all drivers) as
threats, especially when you are surrounded by air bags and your seat
is three feet off the ground.  So carelessness is rampant and I think
maybe more dangerous than aggressive and reckless driving though I
can't stress enough how dangerous that is as well.  It's the ultimate
in narcissism and carelessness and I really very much regret my
behaviour when I was a kid.

sean

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM, michael at michaelshortt.com