[DeTomaso] Alignment places in NorCal?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 22:23:26 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/18/14 15 22 26, bjbstewart at yahoo.com writes:

> Is there any place in San Jose / SF Bay Area to get an alignment done on
> my Pantera where they've at least seen one before?
>
>  - prefer not to go to Borelli
>  - prefer not to go to Custom Alignment
>
> Thanks for any recommendations...

my house that my local Firestone guy can do a Pantera in his sleep. :>)

As long as you bring them a bit of knowledge, any good alignment shop can
'do' a Pantera.   The factory alignment settings are preloaded into the
database for the Hunter alignment machine at my local Firestone store, so it's
pretty straightforward for them to just pull up the settings and use that as a
baseline.   The stock settings are fine for street driving; I prefer a bit
of negative front camber for street/track driving.

You shouldn't be paying more than $70 or so for a complete alignment, and
if you watch the junk mail flyers you can often get a $20 discount.