[DeTomaso] A great weekend in Toronto

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Feb 17 08:18:01 EST 2014

Due to the ice storm that socked the Eastern US, I got stuck in Toronto
this weekend with no flights home for Valentine's day. Not the first time.
Well, since there was the Toronto auto show in town and Mike Drew hooked me
up with two fellow Pantera enthusiasts, Josef Benedik and Will Demelo, all
in all it was a great weekend.  Starting with the auto show:

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2014/02/toronto_auto_show_2014_brings_controversy_concepts/

There was a pretty cool muscle car exhibit and some nice concepts cars. My
favorites were the BMW i8 hybrid and the 4 door sedan prototype from Nissan.

I've been in touch with Josef on and off since I got here but unable to
actually meet until I got stranded. He invited Will, the star of the famous
Quebec slam video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3xVk2wW9pU

and we went to lunch at a local bakery and back to his house for a few
brews:

I have learned what Poutain is (though may not be spelling it right) as a
clump of french fries tied together, fried, then smothered in gravy. A
Canadian delicacy which should have been invented in the dear old South
where I live. Listen for the reference in the video which is hilarious and
Will and Josef resulted in a great afternoon. Josef is a master craftsman
and has fabricated some really cool Pantera mods and upgrades.  His car is
on a rotisserie that he built on the fly for the restoration and did a
masterful job at that as well (see pic).

I had to take the rotisserie pic off because it was too big.

Will brought along Tino Figueriredo, who is a true Pantera fan and in the
market for a sorted out model.  He will be joining the forum soon.

Thanks Mike for hooking me up with our Northern brothers.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744