[DeTomaso] Tire advice

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:38:42 EST 2014

Then a) your current Toyos are already 6 years old, so irrespective you
should be replacing all 4 tires b) why replace them with old tires, there
are real world stories of NOS tires just delaminating and falling apart.

When it comes to anything considered a critical safety element, do it
right........ buy 4 Pirelli's!

***I'm not sure how many years should really be the limit, but I am a
first-hand witness that 11 years old is way over that limit. I had a brand
new, beautiful Pirelli P7R split on me with 40km on it. I've mentioned it
before I think, but I think it's important to point out that this isn't
urban legend or "I have a friend who has a neighbor who heard that.."

It split right between the treads with a loud "bang" while I was basically
crawling, which was a good thing.