[DeTomaso] NPC : Diesel redline

dave londry davel at emspace.com
Thu Feb 13 19:51:16 EST 2014

That's it. The Diesel Cycle is just plain different.
The "Ideal Diesel Cylce" produces the same cylinder pressures (so same
torque) through it's rev range.
It does that because it can match up the air content in the cylinder
with the right amount of fuel.
So at no load - almost no fuel.
At high load - as much fuel as that amount of air can burn.

A real one can't do that, but it can try.
dave