[DeTomaso] NPC : Diesel redline

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 14:33:19 EST 2014

Hi all

Driving home in my (diesel) car this evening and had nothing better to do
than look at my tach.

Why don't diesel cars rev as high as petrol powered cars?

Because they can't, or because they don't need to?

With much more low-end torque than a gas car, they don't need to rev as high
to move along. Is it their cam selection that makes all that low end torque
and limits revs or something specific to the diesel technology? If it were
cam selection, they could do the same to a gas engine I suppose.

What is redline of the Le Mans winning Audi?