[DeTomaso] A Pantera for Jackie....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 12 11:39:59 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/11/14 20 52 27, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> Mike, where do you find this incredible stuff?
>
>>>I wish I could take credit for it, but stuff like this literally drops
into my lap, from a single source--a Spanish guy, friend of Charlie McCall's,
named David.   He is one of the biggest fanatics of car design and history
you'll ever meet, but he has no car of any interest himself.   But he spends
his life poring through old magazines and books, unearthing treasures every
day, and when he finds something of interest to us, he sends it to us.

> >So, let me get this straight...G. Bertocchi, one of the architects of the
> Maserati 250F, factory Detomaso test driver and development engineer
> delivers a Pantera to Jackie Stewart, 3 time F1 champ?
>
> Excellent.
>
>>>Yes.   I always believed that Jackie was driving one as a 'company car',
and that it was Ford's idea to have him seen in it.   But that was pure
speculation on my part.   I suppose it is possible that he simply liked the car
and bought one for himself?

> >Talk about great marque heritage...
>
> I hope everyone reads this article and mentions it as part of their
> Detomaso Pantera explanation at the next car show.
>
> Mike, please dig up some more!
>
>>>I do have a few other related articles from David, all in Italian.   I'm
working on getting those translated too. :>)