[DeTomaso] NPC-Chromecast

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:43:49 EST 2014

It really is a pretty good device.  I think it is $199, though.  It probably
costs $10 to make.  If they sold it for $29.99, it would flood the market.

We've been watching old Star Trek episodes on Netflix - minus commercials.
It was an easy decision.  We can either pay something like $10/month for
Netflix, and we can watch content whenever we want, or we can buy the movie
add­ons to cable (TMC, HBO, etc.) for $30/month, and we can flip through
channels trying to find something worth watching.

Plus ­ the apple TV buffers the content.  We've been having problems with
Uverse losing the signal for about 30 seconds.  Everything hangs during that
time.  But since the apple TV buffers content, we only notice if it brown
outs right when we start watching.
--
Will