[DeTomaso] NPC: Where to sell an original musclecar, help needed?

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Mon Feb 10 07:24:10 EST 2014

Hi all

I do realize that this is a Ford dominated forum, but I need help selling my
Camaro. And you could look at it this way: If I sell my Camaro, I'll for the
first time have more Ford cylinders than GM cylinders. A worthy cause,
right? ;-)

The question is about my very original 68 Camaro SS350. In short it's a
frame off restoration, all wear parts replaced, everything works etc. But
its unique selling point is its originality, it's the most original Camaro
in Denmark, probably in Europe. I've never seen a more orig 1st gen Camaro.
Many advertise original musclecars, but somehow they've all grown radial
tires, stereos, headers, aftermarket 1-piece discs etc. Mine hasn't, see
link below for more details.

The question is, where do I find the right buyer? "Right" means willing to
spend the cash for originality, and who will keep it original. I realize
that the new owner can do what he wants with the car, but I'd like to think
he'll keep it original, that he buys it because of its originality. In many
types of cars, originality means a lot, but for musclecars, not that much
unless it's an ultra-rare model. Mine is not ultra-rare, it is an orig SS350
though, not one of the many badge-added-SS's.

I'm currently advertising it on mobile.de, pistonheads.co.uk and local
sites. I had it on ebay.com with no reactions. Any ideas on how to find the
proper new owner?

http://www.tuningmadeeasy.com/camaro/

Mikael